You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3 ESV
Spiritual discipline: One Word
Ask God for a single word to focus your spiritual growth on throughout the year. This exercise helps bring vision and clarity in your walk with Him.
- Pray: Lord, what word would You have me focus on this year?
- Look up the meaning of the word in a dictionary.
- Seek Scripture to go with your word.
- Put your word on a note card and post it where you see it everyday.
- Ask God to speak to you through the word He’s given
Now let’s dive into the importance of trust!
Who do you trust? Why?
Who are your closest relationships with?
Trust means assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, and truth of something or someone. And it is essential to healthy relationships.
Read John 2:23-25
Who did Jesus trust?
Read Proverbs 3:5
According to Scripture who should we trust?
Jesus didn’t trust people. We are not even to trust ourselves because of our sinful nature. So, who can we trust?
Building a relationship requires trust and we are called to trust God wholeheartedly with our lives.
How is your relationship with God these days? Do you trust Him?